Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Wizard World Philadelphia Day 3 Report June 19, 2011

Hello and welcome to the final day of reports about this year's Philadelphia Wizard World!


So I got to the covention around 12:30pm on Sunday and I was extremely tired from the crazy weekend, but I was excited for another day of the convention. Today I was dressed like Tim Burton's Alice from Alice in Wonderland. I was able to find my friend who was dressed up like Batman again, although on Sunday he was a giant Solomon Grundy. My other friend was once again dressed up like Stay Puft since the costume was such a huge success!


Besides for buying a few items from the various stands, I tried to get around to the celebrity tables and talk a little with some of the other stars of the convention (the real stars are the cosplayers in my opinion).


First, I approached Jake Llyod since his booth was empty as I was walking by. Instead of mentioning Star Wars, I decided to express with him my love for Jingle All The Way... because nothing is better than Arnold dressing like a superhero and Sinbad being an evil postman villan. He seemed to get a kick out of the fact that I mentioned this film rather than Star Wars. He told me that yes, he still has Turboman...awesome! He also said that he is taking a break from studying film editing from Columbia, I am assuming that he is just enjoying talking to fans at conventions. In any case, he was really friendly and seemed like a really nice guy. The girl that was at the booth with him even told me that she liked my Alice in Wonderland costume, so that made me happy!


Next I went over to Brian O'Holloran from Clerks. I noticed that he was never listed on the guest list for Wizard World so I told him 'You are not even supposed to be here today!' If you are aware of the Clerks film, you might know that Dante's (O'Halloran) main line in the film is 'I'm not even supposed to be here today.' I thought it was really ironic and comical that they booked him at the last minute. I managed to get him saying the line for my video. O'Halloran was also a really nice guy he was telling me about a few of his upcoming appearances because I told him my friend was a huge fan and unable to attend this convention.


Next, I managed to get a quick picture with Nicholas Brendon from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I did not talk to him very long, but I did ask him if he would ever make his twin brother, Kelly fill in for him at a convention to which he replied that he would never because he loves the people at the conventions so much. Little did I actually know that his twin brother was actually with him. I did not attend the panel so I actually had no idea that he was also there.

Some other fun little things I noticed were the cool face painting that was going on for the kids.. If I remember correctly, Superman was doing the face painting which was really cute. I stopped by the artist alley and tried to check out the artwork of each artist and they were all amazing. I especially like how the artists have their own interpretations of popular comic book characters and they all make them their own.


I stopped by Adam Baldwin's panel for a little bit as well and found him trying to play six degrees of Kevin Bacon which was entertaining.


By the end of the day, people were starting to loose it and began putting swapable heads on Stay Puft. It was comical and a sign that people were getting a little silly at the convention!


I ended up leaving the convention a little before 4:30 mainly because I was so tired of the weekend's events. It was a long, but extremely fun weekend. The worst part was saying bye to all of my friends at the convention. I can't wait for Wizard World 2012! June 1, 2, & 3, 2012!!



As promised...here is the video from the convention:




Don't forget to check out the Wizard World Philadelphia Twitter, and Website

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I think I saw you on Friday, but I had NO idea who you were. Thank God for Youtube because now I know exactly who you are! LOL. Hoping to see you next year. I can't wait =)

    ReplyDelete