Friday, June 24, 2011

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Day 2 Set Report June 24, 2011

I was once again on the set of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Although Danny
Devito was the only member of the gang filming today, both Glenn Howerton and Rob McElhenney stopped by the set.

It was really nice going to the sets today because nothing was in Center City and a bit difficult for the average gawker to find. So I was pretty much the only person watching who was not actually working on the set.

Today I found out a lot about the storyline of future episodes, but sadly I am not sharing all of the juicy details with you guys because I want keep a little bit of mystery to the new season... And plus the writers told me they would kill me if I did...No I made that last bit up. But still, I spoke to some of the writers and I do not think it is neither my right or place to tell you all what is happening in the episodes.

So anyway... I got to the set around 10:30 and found Frank (Devito) on a boat on the Schuykill filled with tourists. From there they take a ride down the river and Frank gives what he thinks is an appropriate tour. The things I heard he said on the tour are going to be hysterical to watch! After his ride with the tourists, he jumps off and finds himself surrounded by police officers.

The second scene that was filmed today involved Frank stealing skis from a store. A bunch of other people were stealing things as well. Now I am not going to explain why he is stealing skis because if I say too much it will give away the entire plot of the episode... But I will I give you all a hint... This segment does not take place in Philadelphia. But just seeing Frank steal skis is great!

I had to leave the set after this was done and go to work... But I managed to get some more great footage for you all to enjoy! I also got to meet Rob McElhenney and I told him what I do... He seemed cool with it. So out of respect to the cast and crew I am trying to stay clear from giving too much away.

One other fun fact I learned is that Rob McElhenney has actually lost about 10 of the pounds he packed on for the new season. It was really difficult for Rob to stay fat! He had to eat constantly.

The video of the day from filming:



There is no filming over the weekend... But filming resumes on Monday. Until next time!!

I do all of this for you guys for free...but if you are feeling nice you can donate and I can continue doing what I love for you all!





1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! Thank you so much for the updates. Always Sunny is an awesome show; I'm going to try and run into the cast during their filming session on Monday. If you find out the times, could you let me know? Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete