Sunday, November 6, 2011

Key West - Fantasy Fest 2011 Experience Part 2

So part two of my key west fantasy fest adventure begins!

Saturday was a fun day... It was actually the day of the big parade down duval street. As always, I was on a float again. This year I was with the same group of people.. But I actually got to be in the band! Well, I was a backup singer, not bad.


The video below is excerpts of me singing solo:

Our float theme was yellow submarine. I was dressed as a sgt pepper. I really had a great time and seeing that crowd never ceases to amaze me! There are over 50,000 people lining the streets.Oddly enough I was not the least bit nervous to sing in front of such a large crowd, even though I am inexperienced.


Towards the end of the parade, it began to pour!! I kind of just stood there in the pouring rain.



It did manage to stop raining though!


After the parade, my friend Todd and I decided to go back out and hit the town for a bit. Saturday seemed to be the craziest night by far as most of the party people had totally lost their minds. I was particularly puzzled by empty trash cans with a pile of trash next to them. We also managed to see a 250 pound man covered in glitter dancing to lady gaga... Viewer discretion is advised.


So Sunday was a very low key day and I spent the majority of it inside... First we had to go by the float and just check out the aftermath of the parade. My friend Todd even did his best Mark Wahlberg, Hows your mother? impersonation. By the way, everyone was really crazy after the parade!

We did manage to go to a few local tourist spots just for fun... We went to visit Robert the doll, if you don't know about him, visit his website!

And we also got to visit the always entertaining Customs House Museum. They have a statue of Ernest Hemingway outside and I gave him beads as many other people were doing. After the museums, we kinda chilled at the house. That night was also mischief night, so we played a prank on my friend and put toilet paper all over his studio.

I think it's all still there, he is very slow with cleaning things up.



Monday was Halloween and it's always a fun time. Yes, I went trick or treating and got a bit of candy.

I also decided to rent a car so that we could go around town playing cheesy music and have fun.

I even managed to do a pretty good plank on the rental car.
Since I was dressed as Bieber we decided to go around to the most touristy locations and get a picture.








We stopped at Denny's for some delicious desserts and I managed to win Staypuft from a claw machine, first try!

We then went home and sorted our candy.

Tuesday was sadly my final day in town, but my friend Dana and I tried to make the most of it.
We bought some cute bumblebee outfits and went to ripleys believe it or not and had a techno dance party in their spinning room thing.




After having way too much fun in the museum we had to make a quick break for it because I think the fun police that work there wanted to kick us out.





Dana decided she wanted to go coneing (which is picking up an ice cream cone by the ice cream part)..


She did excellent.

After that, it began pouring... So we went home.

On Wednesday we kind of just hung out at the house and I left that night. All in all, it was another great fantasy fest! In case you are wondering, the theme for next year is A-Conch-Alyspe!

No comments:

Post a Comment