Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dark Fields Set Report 5-12-10

Filming for the Dark Fields continued today at 20th and Market and of course, I was on set. I got to set today around 1:30 and let me say that it was really weird seeing the set today. There were at least 20 NYC taxi cabs circling the block as well as various NYPD cars and even a MTA bus.
The SEPTA buses and Philly cabs were being redirected today to avoid going pass in the shot which was something they were not doing before at 16th and Market. The production turned the old AAA building on 20th and Market (or 7th ave and 54th street) into Edward Morra for New York Campaign headquarters complete with posters, banners, t-shirts, buttons, stickers, the whole nine. I really liked the t-shirts in the windows they said 'Gimme some Morra' very catchy!
The scene involved Bradley Cooper and Robert Deniro talking while leaving the campaign headquarters and heading for a car. I found out the scene takes place toward the end of the film in which Eddie has sustained enough of the drug so that he does not have to go through the withdraw symptoms after a copious amount was supplied to him by a scientist.
For the scene Cooper had shorter and darker hair...and a lot of makeup. From what I could see they did cut his hair and gave him a cute little buffont, I guess it makes him look more political.


Deniro was also there, tripping all over the place; he almost fell a few times; I hear he is a bit of a klutz, but he was looking good as always. I managed to get quite a bit of pictures along with a friend, whose camera zoom proved far superior to mine.

Since combined with my friend's camera we took over 100 pictures, I am going to add them into a video with some footage from the day which can be seen below.




After today's shoot, the production moves to do some in studio work for about a week and then maybe some more restaurants. There is said to be at least one more exterior shot which will be taking place on Monday. Production in the city is said to end around May 28.

1 comment:

  1. They're back filming this weekend. Are there any updates?

    ReplyDelete