Sunday, September 23, 2012

Visiting The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter

I wanted to start out this entry by apologizing for not updating the blog too much. I have been busy with work and life in general that I have not had the time to update. Also this entry is not movie filming related, its just a fun entry about my life. If you do not care, stop reading!! Anyway, I just returned from a really great trip to Florida where I went to Universal Studios with my boyfriend Pete. After about four years I finally got to visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Being that I am a huge fan of the books and films it was a special trip to say the least.

The attention to the small details in the Potter section of Islands of Adventure was mind boggling. We started off our first day at the park with a breakfast at the Three Broomsticks where I had my first taste of actual Butterbeer. The drink was similar to root beer with a buttery foam on top, it was delicious!

The breakfast was not too bad either. mentioned the small details earlier because not only did they play various songs from the Potter films, but you could also hear footsteps and chairs moving on the floor about since it is actually an inn in the books. It is just neat to see the small nuonces from the book made it into reality and the park was truly genuine to the story line. Another fun detail was that in the restrooms in this section of the park Moaning Myrtle's voice was played over the loud speakers in both male and female bathrooms (do not want to leave out the boys). It was kind of strange hearing that while doing bathroom business but fun nontheless.

After breakfast we headed over to Ollivanders where I was chosen out of about 20 people to do the wand experience just as Harry did in Diagon Alley. I felt a little silly, but I managed to have fun with it and of course bought my wand.


I only did two of the four rides in the Wizarding World, mainly because I do not do upside down rides and two of the rides are upsidedown coasters. The Hogwarts ride was apsolutely amazing! In the ride, they incorporate holograms, large puppets, giant screens, and chair movements. Although it is similar to the Spiderman ride in the park, it is totally innovative in the way it operated and I really enjoyed it. I filmed the entire ride, but it is hard to do since most of the ride is dark and my camera is small.


The Flight of the Hippogriff ride was a good coaster, but it is mainly for kids and lasts only a few seconds.

After spending some time in the Wizarding World we decided to move on to other parts of the park and went on many of the well known rides that are there. I am not going to bore you with details from the entire vacation, but just wanted to share my thoughts on the new Harry Potter section. From what I hear they are expanding the section and creating a Diagon Alley in the Universal side of the parks where the Jaws section once was. It is also speculated that they are also planning a Hogwarts Express ride so guests can ride from one park to the other on the train. This will also increase the sales of the Park Hopper tickets, but well worth it for what you get. Thats about all I have to say about my trip to the park, if you have not been there yet, I suggest going and checking it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment