Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Wizard World Philadelphia Day 4 - June 3, 2012

The final day of Wizard World Philadelphia was for me as for everyone else bitter sweet. I did not want it to end but there was still plenty to do and see and of course buy.

On Sunday my friend and I decided to be different and dressed up as Being Human characters from the British version of the show... no one knew who we were. A lot of people confused my friend for Xander Harris from Buffy the series, he went with it. We did go up to Sam Witwer from the American version of the show and he figured out who we were. He also told us that he has only watched the first three seasons of the British version of Being Human. He was not very sold on an OCD vampire that does not drink blood, but I digress.


I went to two panels on Sunday the first being the Buffy panel. Since this is the 20th anniversary of the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie, they had a 20th anniversary panel. There were five cast members there including Kristy Swanson (Buffy from the movie), James Marsters (Spike), Amber Benson (Tara), Mark Metcalf (The Master), and Claire Kramer (Glory). The audience was packed with over four hundred super fans of the show and film. Below you can find some excerpts from the panel.

The second panel I attended was Melissa Joan Harts. I really was interested in going to hers because I was big fan of Clarissa and Sabrina. Hart is pregnant with her third child and was really welcoming to the fans. It is interesting to hear all about the things from the shows I watched as a teenager talked about in a behind the scenes manner. Hart talked a little about how her cat, Salem was operated on the show Sabrina and how she originally auditioned for Blossom before landing the role as Clarissa. Below you can find excerpts from her panel.


By the time the panels were over the convention was winding down. We decided to walk around for the last hour or so and just buy some things before eventually leaving. The convention this year was massive and twice as good as last year. A lot of the lines to see celebrities were long, but that shows that Wizard World really gets in some good talent that people really want to meet. I did not get to see the five captains of Star Trek but I know for a fact that the line to see them was absolutely massive. If you did not get a chance to attend the convention this year you can always check them out next June when they return to the city. Check them out at www.wizardworld.com for anymore information and thanks for reading my account of the convention! Until next year!

Below you can find a compilation video of the entire convention, well just the things I did, ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment