Monday, June 4, 2012

Wizard World Philadelphia Day 2 - June 1, 2012

Hey everyone! Just wanted to tell you guys everything that I did at Wizard World  The good news is I can post all the juicy details about the event and include some pictures and videos. Just as I have done in the past, each day I will be posting details about Day 1, Day 2, and Day 3. I was only able to go for three days so I will post about everything I did. 

So my first day at Wizard World was on Friday, which is usually my favorite day of all. The convention is never overly crowded on the first or second day and not to mention its just beginning. So we arrived to the convention around 12:30 and this year did not dissapoint. The first day I decided to dress as Claire Bennet from Heroes (aka the Cheerleader). I was especially excited to see all of the great costumes people came up with this year and as usualy they were amazing! I was able to interview a few of the costumed fans which you will be able to see in the videos I make within a week or so.



One of the main aspects that draw people to the convention every year is obviously the star power it brings to the city. Although some of the headlining stars did not arrive until Saturday, that did not mean that there was a shortage of celebrities. If I recall correctly, I do not believe I saw the line to see Stan Lee go under 50 people all weekend. Fans piled into the convention center to meet their favorite stars even if that meant waiting in line for hours to get a chance to rub elbows with the stars.

If fans were not meeting the stars, they were probably checking out all of the toys and gadgets on the floor. One man was even selling a small device called the Sonic Blast which can literally turn a block of wood into a speaker! Other tables were just filled with everything that a nerd could possibly want. Being that the year is 2012, I noticed a great amount of Zombie preperation going on. Everything from zombie t-shirts to actual survival guides were being sold at the convention. I even saw a few zombies at the convention.

I only was able to go to one panel on Friday and I decided to go with Sam Trammell since I am a huge True Blood fan. Sam was very friendly to fans and answered questions about the new season of True Blood without revealing anything at all. He stated that this season is one of the best yet and he thinks he breaks the nakedness record himself this year. He also revealed that there will be a new female vampire this year I believe a daughter of King Henry 8 if I remember correctly. One person asked which man would you want Sam to have a relationship with (odd question) and people yelled out Eric and Jason, of course I yelled out Andy...I have to be different. Sam seemed to like it though.  VIDEOS NOW HERE!





Tommorrow I plan to post some of the things that I did on Saturday, and there is a lot. Stay tuned for information from the Bruce Campbell panel, the superhero cosplay photoshoot, the costume contest, and just general fun! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment