Wednesday, October 13, 2010

New York Comic Con 2010 Day 3 Report

Well day 3 was also known as the first night I got a good full night of sleep. I went to bed and woke up around 8am, got breakfast, packed, and we checkout out. On the final day of the convention I was dressed as Ramon Flowers from the comic book/movie Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. I enjoyed my blue hair especially when I was checking out at the front desk :)
We walked over to the Convention Center for the last time and arrived around 10:00am. We got in before it actually opened and there was actually walking room on the main room floor! But then we realized only press and exhibitors were allowed in at that point. It did get progressively more crowded throughout the day, but no where near as insane as Saturday.

The boys were really excited to go to their panels so I decided to walk on the floor for a bit before heading down to the IGN theater for the Vampire Diaries panel....love that show! I arrived to the panel early and walked in on the middle of the Nikita panel which was cool because Maggie Q, Shane West, Lyndsy Fonseca, and Craig Silverstein were all there. I am not a fan of the show but it was fun to watch. After that I hung around for the Vampire Diaries panel, more on that tomorrow.

After the panel I walked around the floor one more time while I waited for the boys to get out of their panels. A lot of people liked my Ramona costume...many people were saying 'Hi Ramona' or 'Excuse me Ramona'...so that was fun. I got some pictures with other Scott Pilgrim characters...



There were a lot of other Ramona Flowers characters...props to the girl with the red wig because she was actually going around on roller blades!....



I even found some more Doctor Who people...one girl even had the same outfit that I was wearing on Saturday, but hers was not as authentic as mine, sorry...wow I sound like a meanie.

The boys were planning on going to the panel for the Making of The Empire Strikes Back but decided against it because it was way too packed. We ended up leaving the Javitz Center around 2pm and headed back to Philly.
Overall, the 2010 New York Comic Con was awesome to say the least. People were all really friendly and always happy to discuss their favorite comic/movie/show/games. It is always a great place to meet up with fellow geeks and nerds. New York Comic Con is just a place that people can be their geeky/nerdy selves and everyone will totally understand. If you were not able to make it this year, start planning for next year because the con returns October 14, 2011!



No comments:

Post a Comment